Welcome to our comprehensive review of We Buy Any Phone.
Have an iPhone or another phone to sell? Mobile phone recycling companies might be an apt choice. They set a potential price for your phone and arrange for hassle-free shipping. Post their evaluation of your device, they’ll settle the payment with you.
Not all phone recycling firms offer the same level of reliability. There’s chatter about some altering device prices or lacking in their client service. MobaLoca strives to provide clarity by reviewing these trade-in entities.
Table of Contents
- We Buy Any Phone Company & Contact Information
- We Buy Any Phone Trustpilot Rating
- What customers love about We Buy Any Phone
- What customers hate about We Buy Any Phone
- Compare all mobile recycling companies
We Buy Any Phone & Contact Information
|Legal Name||WeBuyAnyPhone Limited|
|Date Founded||6 December 2012|
|Address||Unit 2, Fulcrum 4, Solent Way, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 7FT|
|Phone Number||0333 344 5584|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
We Buy Any Phone Trustpilot Rating
We Buy Any Phone is rated 4 stars on TrustPilot.
What customers love about We Buy Any Phone
Most of the reviews are about selling phones to WeBuyAnyPhone rather than buying from them.
- Prompt Payment: Many customers mentioned that they received payment quickly, often within a few days or even on the same day the phone was assessed.
- Competitive Offers: Several reviews highlighted that WeBuyAnyPhone offered them a better price for their devices compared to other services.
- Ease of Process: Customers appreciated the straightforward and hassle-free process of selling their phones. Some mentioned receiving prepaid postage packs and easy-to-follow instructions.
- Communication: The company seems to keep customers updated with messages and emails throughout the process, which many found reassuring.
- Comparison to Competitors: Some reviewers mentioned that their experience with WeBuyAnyPhone was better than with other similar services, specifically naming competitors like MusicMagpie.
Areas of Improvement:
- Appraisal Discrepancies: A few customers mentioned that the initial appraisal or quote they received was higher than the final offer. However, even in these cases, some still found the final offer to be fair or market-leading.
- SMS Notifications: One reviewer mentioned receiving frequent SMS messages about the remaining days for their quoted price, which they found to be excessive.
- Insurance on Postage: A point of concern for some was that the prepaid postage pack was only insured for up to £100. This was not sufficient for more expensive phones, leading some customers to pay separately to increase the insurance amount.
Overall, the majority of the reviews are positive, with customers praising the company for its competitive offers, quick payment, and ease of process. However, there are some areas where the company could potentially improve to enhance the customer experience further.
What customers hate about We Buy Any Phone
WeBuyAnyPhone.com Customer Complaints
Most of the reviews pertain to selling phones to WeBuyAnyPhone rather than buying from them.
- Reduced Offers After Inspection: Many customers complained that after sending in their phones, the company significantly reduced the initial offer. Reasons given by the company for the reduced offers included supposed micro scratches, wear and tear, and other minor issues that customers often disagreed with.
- Charges for Returning Phones: If a customer disagreed with the revised offer and wanted their phone back, the company charged them a fee (e.g., £10.75). This fee was not clearly stated on the website and was found buried in the terms and conditions.
- Misrepresentation of Phone Condition: Some customers felt that the company falsely claimed their phones had damages or issues that didn’t exist. For instance, one customer mentioned that their phone was brand new with factory clear protection stickers, but the company reported wear and tear.
- Poor Customer Service: Several reviews mentioned poor customer service experiences, such as long wait times to speak with an agent and lack of response to emails.
- Dissatisfaction with Honesty Policy: Customers felt that the company’s “honesty policy” was not genuinely practiced, especially when their phones, which they believed were in excellent condition, were devalued.
- Concerns about Potential Damage: Some customers were worried that their phones might be intentionally damaged if they chose to have them returned.
- Hidden Terms and Conditions: Customers felt that important details, like return fees, were hidden in the terms and conditions and not clearly communicated.
- Discrepancies in Offered and Final Payment: Some customers mentioned that even after accepting a reduced offer, they received a payment lower than the agreed amount.
From the reviews, it’s evident that the primary concern for customers is the significant reduction in the initial offer after the company inspects the phones. Many feel that the company looks for reasons to devalue the phones and offer a lower amount than initially promised.
Compare all mobile recycling companies
Not sure about using We Buy Any Phone? Check out our guides on other UK phone buyers and find the perfect match.